Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

the good aha

i have been conversing with a man who is divorced about the same length of time as me.  he is nice to talk to.  he seems kind.  he has a sense of humor.  yet, in my heart, i know that i will never marry again unless it's someone that is absolutely my best friend.  i mean, not just ok, best.  ever.  like someone that i can't go a day without thinking about.  and who likes me even when i'm not so great.
but my great aha came when i realized that i want male friends but that i will not be rushed or guilted into more.  never.
the good aha reminds me that i have come far, but i am still recovering.  the good aha reminds me that i am happy and have dreams.  i want to travel.  i want to be lazy sometimes.  i want to do whatever i want whenever i want because i was not allowed to do what i wanted without guilt or payback for a very long time.  so happy to have freedom.
freedom. to live.  to give.  to enjoy.
so good.
not selfish.
just taking care of self without having to take care of another adult.  i've got enough on my plate.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.