Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Clothes

I am  coming out of my cocoon.  Out of my shell.  I'm looking for a style.  I don't know what it will be yet.  Not exactly.  But not as nondescript as it has been.  Not bright.  But pleasant, classy.  I want my clothes to reflect the joy of my inside.  

I'm content.  I'm learning to be content with my bigger body.  This menopause thing is tricky.  On one hand, I am happy and content, but on the other, my body feels foreign.  I could work at it really hard.  I'm not sure that I want to.  Maybe.  

But mostly, I just want to be healthy.  I just want to be who I am..not how I'm supposed to look.  I just want to remember that my job is to accept and love me.  Then, I can do the same for others.  I'm working on it.  Accepting while at the same time understanding that I can change.

This is what I desire.  I want to be authentic.  I want to reflect on the outside the peace on the inside.  But I don't want to remain invisible.  I like wearing black and brown.  I like classics.  But I can have a style that is not hiding.  I'm working on it.  Slowly. I know what I am tired of being.  It's just taking some time to get to what I want to be.

blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.