Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In This Quiet Place

I am teaching summer school.  It has been very chaotic lately in life.  Coming back from vacation was hard for me.  Though I wanted to be home.  Though I wanted to work.
My husband is in a huge state of denial.  He acts as if he can ignore things and that they will be fine.  I am glad not to fight but I'm weary of feeling this weight.  It's as if he is living in the land of make believe.  Yes, perhaps things are "better"....because we have very little contact.  Not because anything was fixed or worked out.
And, regarding our kids, it's stressful to me that he is so hard on them.  When we were getting a new dog this last weekend, he was harsh.  Behaved as if they were bad for wanting one.  Then told them that if anyone complained he would make them talk to them.  That if something was wrong about the dog that it wouldn't be his responsibility.  I took my responsibility and went and got the dog.  Though I know that any wrongs about it will be an "I told you so and so I'm not going to be a part of this."  However, the dog is amazing, so suddenly he is behaving as if it were his own idea.  Yeah, right.
Being home is hard.  And, now working is hard because the hours when I could be home without him are eaten up partially by work.  Yet, at the same time, I love work.  Just a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.