Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

finding balance

work is busy.  teaching is a unique career in that you could literally work all of the time and have no time for anything else.  really.
but i have decided to make choices.  and not to feel guilty.  if i work until after 6 pm,then there is no scenario where i should have to ALSO go home and work.  even if it's just a "little grading" while watching tv.
it's ok to just be.  to rest.  to relax.  to putter around my house for my own pleasure.
and teachers struggle with this.  there are unending deadlines.  loads of cares.  but we are nothing without rest and relaxation.
so.
finding balance.
it's my choice.
i want to work hard.
and i want to be whole.
so i choose rest and things that help me grow.
now, i also have to write a novel by the end of the month with some of my students.
no problem. right?
ha.
oh well, we are having a good time trying.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.