Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

live

i am loving my busy, crazy, intense, wonderful life.  i laugh and play so very much.  and i am learning to let go of what is not healthy to hang onto.  of what is not really mine anyway.  and it brings peace.  mostly.
sometimes i still have to deal with my ex. and it's not something i relish.  it is uncomfortable.  i am not someone who likes to leave things unresolved.  so.....while divorce is a resolution....the fact is that i have to leave it without being able to understand what caused him to treat me with contempt wrapped in charm and commitment.  i don't get it. and i don't have to.  it's ok to just leave it. to not make it my responsibility to figure out anymore.
i live.  i give.  i laugh.  a lot.  i share.  i wonder.  i think.  i reboot.  but i don't have to get stuck in the past trying to fix what i couldn't in over 20 years.  i can move forward.  i can be present in the here and now not wondering what horrible thing about me made him behave how he did. because i took the blame.  i tried to change.
but now?  now, i enjoy my daughter.  a whole lot.  she is blossoming.  she is living.
now, i allow myself to be me and i get involved in things that work for me.  i encourage others.  i believe big things.  i spur people on.  it has been delicious to get to be me.  it's so easy not to have to appease all of the time.  i love living.  giving the life that was given to me.
and now...off to another day of living.  blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.