Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, December 26, 2014

content with what is real

i have learned so much.  learned to let go.  learned to be present.  learned to enjoy what actually IS...not what i wish was.
learned.
but there are those quiet moments when grief is necessary.  the fact that there are always going to be those people in our lives that we value more.  those that like us ok, but don't hear our hearts.  or those who push away in seasons.  it happens.  it's life.
and there are choices to make at that point.  i have chosen.  i choose to be content.  i choose to be happy.  i choose joy.  i choose.  but, i also choose to be real with myself.  i choose to allow myself to grieve the loss.  to admit that it IS loss.  to be honest with myself.  and to know that there's not something wrong with me when others don't choose me...or seek me....it's ok.  i am enough.  as i am.  how i am.  what i am.  in no way perfect.  just me.  and me alone is still ok.
i miss having my friends that were family.  sometimes it aches.  but that's how it is.  and it's ok to go on and be happy still.  it's ok to wonder.  truly ok.
and i am peaceful.  full of joy.  hopeful.
i am content with what is real.
what is real is worth facing.
because there is beauty in life.  in the glorious mess of life, there is the best of all beauty.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.