Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, November 22, 2013

appreciation

i appreciate being taken care of.  a lot.  having it done so little through the years of my marriage makes me incredibly aware of the little things.  tonight, i had to make my own bed up...i'm sick and i spilled ginger ale in it, so i had to wash the linens and remake the bed.  that's no easy task when you're sick.  and i am good at forcing myself to do things.  at pushing to "get it done".  but, i got sick yesterday and a friend took me home.  got me some meds and some ginger ale and crackers.  she kept my car.  i guess she knows me pretty well.  she took my daughter to practice today.  and picked her up.  and went to wal-mart to pick up a mattress.  she did so much.  i'm so thankful.
i appreciate those seemingly little things so very much.
life might have been bad.  it might have been painful.  but the beautiful result is the appreciation.  the good.  the loveliness.  that i see.
i am sensitive to it.  aware.
and though the past was hard, it makes the present more appreciated.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.