Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

49th birthday

this birthday was lovely.  very simple.  but something happened that was life changing.  the person who did it just did it to be fun...to be kind.  little did she know how it fed my soul.  i guess that life is like that sometimes.
i was at school when the gifts began coming.  numbered gifts.  simple gifts.  a starbucks.  daffodils.  acai chocolate berries.  bubbles.   energy drink.  and the piece de resistance.....30 poppers so that my students could celebrate with me.  by the time the bubbles came, i cried.  you see, i don't recall anyone taking the time and being so purposeful for my birthday before.  i mean, i've had many nice times that have come together, but this was a plan.   a gift that was so much more than the elements.  it was the thoughtfulness.  the knowing me.  the making it last.
my birthday tends to come and simply go.  i'm usually relieved for it to go on by because for so many years it was terribly painful.
but this gift....the gift of being known and being shown my value by taking the time to do something just for me....it will stay with me for the rest of my life.
a good 49th.  now.....my year of jubilee.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.