Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

good times

many different kinds of times can be good times.  last night, it was good as i crawled into bed quite early with some shows and went to sleep early.  tonight i am getting some work done around the house, folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen and just enjoying the quiet.  my kids are on a band trip.
life has been hectic.  i have been tired.  it's good to have some time without people who need something.  don't get me wrong, i adore my kids.  i'll miss them soon enough.  kinda do already.  i'm having popcorn for dinner.  it's a peaceful feeling.  i called a woman who has lived much longer, who loves the lord and has so much wisdom.  i just called to see how she is.  and to invite her to visit when i head to the beach this summer.
life has been full of a lot of emotions.  graduation is coming up and my ex has family coming in.  that's good.  but the drama is not.  it has already begun and it hurts my heart.  my prayer is that somehow my son will be able to be celebrated and not used as a pawn.  he deserves better.
my back door is open.  the sun is setting...not quite yet and it's almost 8:00 already.  crazy.  really crazy.  lovely.  i have grass in my backyard a foot high.  lovely.  tulips blooming in my messy, weedy, beautiful garden.  i love it.
life is good.  birds and dogs.  breezes and rain.  quiet time.  i need still times to recuperate.  this time helps.  feels good.
i'm glad to be divorced.  sometimes that makes me sad.  But then...i just decide to be thankful for the gift of life.  of living.  of hope.  of joy.  and to forgive myself.  one more time.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.