Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, September 15, 2014

starving

i have been shocked by how hungry people are.
not for calories.
for words.
for encouragement.
for a good word.
for a perspective that lifts the eyes up.
god is showing me slowly how he intends to use me.
it's fun to see.
it's exciting to just allow it.
no stress.
no fuss.
no anxiety.
just in his time.
with his words.
with his spirit.
with the way he made me.
it's so simple.
it was so hard for so long.
and now, life is so very very different
my gifts are coming out at school.
my heart is healing.
and i sometimes want to run from the hard things.
to not make anyone mad
or uncomfortable.
but
people are also starving for what is true
what is meaningful
and i have decided that i cant be silent
just because people may not like me
but i can be silent for as long as i should
until it's truly time to speak
that i can do
and am learning to do.
a blessing it is.
i feel filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.