Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

thank you

how is it possible to than people for making life wonderful?
how can words make it real?
if i could paint or create, it feels like i could come closer,
but it is nearly impossible with words.
people are trained to discount words.
to change them.
to not soak them in and enjoy them and turn them over in their hearts
instead, they are heard or looked at and put aside.
unlike a painting that draws the eye and heart again and again.
but i don't do paint.
and when i do,
it doesn't create a cohesive memory.
i don't have the skills.
but my very soul longs to be able to say
to show
to give the most genuine and deepest
thank you.
that isn't brushed off.
or taken as flattery.
thank you for making my heart
soar
my mind think deeply
thank you for the way that you stay
especially when i don't know how to connect
or speak
thank you for knowing me
not just what i do or say
but what i mean to be
thank you for letting my dreams matter.
for giving them shape and form
when they still seem ethereal to me
thank you for liking me
even when it's not popular
for confiding in me.
thank you for letting me care about you
in my hesitant
unsure and sometimes silly way
and still bothering to understand that
i'm giving what i've got.
thank you.
you bless hearts all around you.
every single day you are a delight.
thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.