Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

my ex

my ex never fails to shock me.  some of the "kids"....young adults....went on a hiking trip with him this weekend. my oldest son took his girlfriend of five years.  she is the only female in the group.  they will be camping remotely. not in an established suburban kind of campground.  i assumed that she would share a tent with my son and their friend.  it's not about sex.  it's not about anything like that.  it's safety.  it's knowing her.  she gets cold.  she gets nervous.  but, apparently a one person tent was brought just for her.  i told her to say no.  to tell my son to stay with her or to let one of the men have the single tent and she can bunk with the boys that are like brothers along with my son.
it frustrates me.
yes, i know they are going with church people.  yes, i know that it's a guy and a girl.  but, the thing is that she deserves to feel safe.  she deserves to be protected.  my son should have had a say.

sigh.

have to let it go.  i did what i could do.  but, it reminds me of how my ex didn't consider my feelings or bother to know me so that he would know that something like that would be worrisome.

glad i get to live differently now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.