Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, July 11, 2014

nit picking

sometimes i forget how easily happy my kids are.  i am.  we are easy to make content.  it's overwhelming to me when people have ideas of how to make things better or why things aren't good enough.  it is wearying.
and it reminds me to be content.  to allow things to happen.
to be kind.
i feel kinda awful today.  yesterday i did something really hard.  i spoke up about something that was desperately on my heart.  i knew that i had to.  as i prayed for the whole day, god just kept allowing me to feel discomfort with a situation.  so, i spoke up.  but, once i said my peace, i realized that that was all i needed to do.  i didn't need anyone to fix what was troubling me.  i didn't need to control the situation.  i just needed to speak up.  that was the part that mad me grow.  made me risk.  and it was hard.  doing that during marriage always ended up in hours of discussion.  of ridicule or argument.  it's hard for me to say things that i feel deeply.  but i did it anyway.  and now i'm at ease.
but truly, today is a strange day.  i am stunned at the expectations.  stunned at the need of planning.  stunned with how people need to be entertained.  on i go to my day.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.