Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Above Water

Some times in life it is enough to simply float...to keep the head above water and rest.  Not swim.  Not compete.  Not give it all.  Just wait.  Gather strength. 
This last few weeks has been really hard for me.  Maye it's why I haven't been writing as much.  But now I am.  I need to still.  It's just hard.  Hard to wish that I could say something inspiring when all I've got is....not fair not fair not fair.  Or it sucks.  Or why can't it....
And yet, in the midst of that, I am learning to still be happy.  To still be on top of things.  To still love. 
But I won't be used.  Abused.  Guilted.  But it still happens.  I just have to choose how I respond.  I can't choose how anyone else behaves, only how I respond.  But it's hard.  I wish the behavior would change.  Would quit driving me to the edge.  Would quit hurting me so much.  Give me freedom.
But, the best I can do right now is float.  So, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.