Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Precious Rest

Today my family played baseball.  I wanted to and....I didn't.  My third son had been talking how his dad raised them to be competitive and how he was going to raise his kids by encouraging them....this all while sitting in church.  So, playing is a little hard.  Because so often it gets out of hand.  And I have been tired.  So I laid down on the porch.  And I actually was sound asleep.  Twas good.  Lets me know how very tired I am.  But, a lot of emotional weariness too.  The two sidedness gets to me. 
All in all, it was a blessed, preciously restful, brilliantly sunny, gorgeous day.  My kids rock.  I missed my mom without falling apart.  Got to spend the day with people I love.  Got to enjoy good food and sleep.  And listening to laughter.  I love listening to laughter.  Kids and grandkids.  Makes me smile deep inside. 
A good day.  I accept the good in it and I am going to put aside the garbage.  His garbage needs to take up less time in my head. 
On to living a productive, good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.