Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Strength

I am strong.  And courageous.  And learning to embrace the fact that though I am those things, sometimes, I am not the right one for the job.  Or it's time for me to take a backseat.  Turns out it's not as hard as it seems.
Working so much has taught me many things.  How to be flexible.  How to trust that I can stay awake and can do a good job.  How to communicate my needs.  How to give myself a break.  Even if I only have a few moments.
But I have been strange too.   The grief of yesterday kinda seeped into my bones a bit and eeks out when I least expect it.  I am tender.  I am fragile.  And I'm learning that I can be those things WHILE being strong and courageous.
and for now, I am tired.  So I will rest and come here again another day.
Be blessed.  Know that you are valuable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.