Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Useful

If I'm useful.  If I have a purpose.  If someone needs me.  Then....then, I am shown love. Kinda. But, if it's only because I can do for others...then, is it me that is loved or is it just that the action is needed or desired?  I'm thinking the second.  If I could be any more invisible, I don't know how.  I talk.  I show up.  But how is it that nobody sees me.  Nobody gets the idea that perhaps I have needs.  That maybe things happen to me as well.  I know what it is.  I can take a lot.  I'm tough.  I know how to smile and keep going through just about anything. 
But, boy, life can sure throw me for a loop when I least expect it.  I feel small.  Of very little value.  I am getting these feelings out so that I can go back and remind myself that my feelings aren't reality.  I have value.  But, it's hard to believe.  Feels like my value is in what I have to do. 
Maybe I just need to go to bed. And cry.  So discouraged with who I am.  The great disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.