Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Flowers

When you see a dandelion gone to see what do you see?  A weed?  Wishes?  I see wishes.  I see hope.  I see how the seeds fly and find new places.  My garden is full of  weeds.  And full of flowers.  Some people in my life will only see the weeds.  And it really hurts me.  I know that it's stupid, but because of the weeds, they completely miss the line of sunflowers...a wall, really....the irises that have finally taken and are blooming all over the place...the daisies that I've propagated from two plants given to me......all around the garden...the tiny poppy seedlings that are the first ones that I've ever been able to grow from seeds...the hollyhocks that I planted with love last year.....knowing that I wouldn't see them for a year....the nasturtiums that hide their little faces with their leaves.  They won't see.  They will only see the weeds and what I haven't done.
But I see flowers.  Of all sorts.  Lovingly cultivated.  Invested in.  I see wishes.  Hopes and dreams. 
Problem is that sometimes it feels like some people are intent on blowing the wishes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.