Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

25 situps

I did it.  25.  Used to be that would be a breeze. Not anymore.  I can get there again.  I want to.  I want to feel fit.  I like the feeling of walking with  a spring in my step and being able to suck in my gut. Not for anyone. Not even for clothes.  Just that I like how I feel.  That, all in itself, is a very good thing. I also did a fifteen second plank.  And a couple of ten second leg lifts.  My gut is gonna ache.  In a very good way.
I eat so much better.  And I never worry about what I should eat.  I want to eat well.  Less sugar tastes good.  Well, except for that Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade that I'm having tonight.  I know.  It kinda defeats the purpose....but, I would have had the Mike's anyway.  The exercise can only help.
I have been pushing so hard these last months.  I overcame so much this last year in school.  In just the last month, I have done more than most can possibly realize.  And I'm tired. And I am hurting.  Though I keep going, the jabs and pokes recently have taken a toll .  Next week, I'll have more time to rest.  I need it.  Real rest.  Not the kind where resting means that I'm failing to do something that I should be doing.
But, in the midst of it all, I've met this great goal.  And I plan to keep on adding to it.  I am following a calendar for a 30 day ab workout.
I'm going to make it.
Just needed to say that it feels like I deserve a medal for doing so. :)
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.