Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

my word

this year, my word is create.  i wondered about it, but it was clearly my word.  so, i have embraced it.  it is a beautiful word.  it is a fulfilling word.  it has so many meanings.
but, today, my word became clearer to me.  i was working on primitive furniture.  cleaning.  sanding.  scraping.  painting.  sanding...again.  finding the character again.  sealing.  buffing.  you know...WORKING.  creating.  and listening.  to god.  hearing his words in scriptures long memorized.  thinking on blessings.  sensing his presence.  delighting in his pleasure. working.  but...resting.  breathing.  taking time.  enjoying.  just like when i garden or water my garden.  creating something beautiful.  at least to me.
but, today, there was something more.  i realized that in that creating time, my heart is calm.  my mind is at rest.  i am working, but i'm not "busy".  and i realized that in creating, it helps me to connect back with my creator.  that he chose this word for me to remind me how i'm wired.  how i need creating time to connect better with him.  and that was a truly beautiful moment.  it was an answer.  it was a promise.  it was a reminder.
this has been a good year of growth.
i am genuinely happy.
and working also reminded me of how god deals with me.  with my scars and bruises.  he takes me.  cleans me.  clothes me.  makes me smell better.  but then, he allows my scars to become  marksshow that draw people in.  that show my story.  just like the old pieces that  i work with.  i did a bookshelf that had been a built in.  gave it a thorough cleaning.  painted it.  then began the fun part.  i began sanding and scraping to find the things that had made it unique.  that had drawn me to it in the first place.  the things that showed where it had been.  that gave it flair.  that showed it's personality.  it was pretty painted, but when the imperfections were highlighted, it was fabulous.  i sealed it.  as god does with me.  using the imperfections to tell a story.  to draw people in.
i am blessed.
so very blessed.
may you be as well.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.