Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

me

who i long to be.
me.
at the core of who i am.
not the total of my actions only.
me.
inside.
my thoughts combined
with my deeds.
my intentions alongside
others' perceptions.
i long to be forgiving.
honest about my mistakes.
honest about the things i did/do on purpose.
full of laughter.
surrounded by those who assume good intentions.
blessed by love.
full of courage.
giving.
generous.
helpful.
thoughtful.
friendly.
encouraging.
gentle.
peaceful.
strong.
wise.
who i long to be.
what i value.
hold dear.
someone attacked those things with great fervor.
and it hurt.
and it hurts.
but
it doesn't change who i long to be.
who i know i am.
even if it's not seen yet.
may the good of who i was created to be become evident
through the years
and may i give more than i take from this world.
from my friends.
i fear that i do not.
that there are more lurking out there
waiting to crush me with how i disappointed them
in the long ago.
i tremble.
and then i rise.
to make today a day that won't be one of those things to hold against me in the future.
to give love.
to help.
to be brave.
and yet....
today,
crushing as it was...
i just need a hug.
and i am hurting.
and how do i tell someone that i need to be held onto.
even though i am a failure
because i am a failure.
don't know.
i'll eat lunch.
i'll take a nap.
i'll recover.
slowly.
i will learn to be that me.
the me that i don't regret.
even if others do.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.