Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

unfriend

i unfriended someone on social media today.  the woman that wrote me about my divorce and told me how i've been a taker and not a giver.  she told me how "the group" has discussed it and i never contributed.  i waited for 11 days.  i thought about what she said.  i talked to two people about it.  one reminded me that it's silly to worry about what other people think.  the other one said that but also asked me why i've kept the woman as a friend.  she pointed out that the woman has not been supportive or kind or even civil.  she told me that i should guard against that.  be wise.  so, after a couple more days of thinking it over, i got up this morning and unfriended the woman.  she's not blocked and could write to me, but she won't be able to read and ridicule my posts.
what's funny to me is how difficult that is for me and how she accused me of giving up so easily. ha.  she was accusing me while being the recipient of my trying to keep the peace and make things right.  sharing what was on her mind didn't bother me.  what bothered me was that the dialogue wasn't with the purpose of reconciling, of finding common ground.  it was simply to degrade, guilt and bully.  ohhhh yea...i already did that for many years and i shouldn't go back to it.
today was a victory.  yippee.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.