Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

happiness and courage

this is so true for me.
i spent many years
hearing how 
i didn't need to be happy.
that being happy was selfish.
that happy wasn't
what it was about.
unless he wasn't happy.
because believe me
he wanted to be happy.
to be comfortable.
to have what he needed
for his soul 
and for his self.
but for me, 
it wasn't supposed to be.
and i learned to squish down
what i wanted
what i felt
what i needed.
until i realized that the more i gave, the more he took.
and finally,
courage kicked in.
and learning to see what makes me happy
is a form of that courage.
and not being ashamed of that is part of it too.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.