Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

an idea

as i was standing in the strong, blowing wind filling the car with gas, it occurred to me.  i could choose to stand tall.  to smile.  to have a good attitude.  a sweet, kind disposition.  i could choose my attitude.  and attitude goes with the other words that i've been thinking about.  a choice.  a chance to show some attitude, to have a positive attitude, to approach life from a standpoint of faith in my attitude, to look at my attitude towards others.
i'm not yet who i want to be.  and so i choose one word a year to help me on the journey.  i'm not good with resolutions.  the one word reallyhelps me though.  so, i will enjoy the search for the perfect word.
but this one seems like a good fit.  not whining.  i got told not to whine yesterday..and it reminded me to check my attitude frequently.
that was a good thing.  and then at the gas pump today it felt so right. such a good fit.
attitude.
gotta have a good one.
gotta show some.
gumption.
perseverance.
all in my attitude.
my attitude of faith.
of trust.
of kindness.
i have a long way to go.
but i have started.
so far...first choice.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.