Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Best Gift

The phone rang.  Unexpected it was.  A call.  From someone else's mama.  But.  A call from a mama.  On Christmas.  Someone who called me.  That I didn't have to initiate contact.  It was the best gift I got.  The others were nice.  They were thoughtful.  But that one made me cry.  God knew.  It was good. It was beautiful.  And I got to tell her how much it meant.  I purposefully told her how much it meant.  I could have just taken it in stride. I could have acted like it was the norm.  But I want to learn to tell people those important things.  So I did.
I got the best gift. It cost nothing but a few minutes.  It filled my heart up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.