Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

flat on my back

sometimes my best days, my best accomplishments occur when i'm flat on my back.  tired.  exhausted. sick.  yep.  woke up at 330 this morning with a tummy full of trouble, a head busting and a body shaking.  i've been in bed most of the day.  sleeping.  dozing.  wishing for some soup.  too sick to want to stand up and make it.  i ate some ice cream for my throat.  haven't taken any tylenol. just mostly waiting it out.  reading.  sleeping.  watching.  coughing.  hurting.  and yet.  i've learned something along the way that has changed me.  growth comes on good days, but more growth comes on hard days. and letting myself embrace how it is and resting without fretting is a great option.
yesterday was a fabulous day. a much needed heart filling day. but today is hard.  and it kicks me sometimes when i realize how alone i am when i'm sick.
but....i have time to rest.  and that's good enough.  i'll just enjoy the growing.  the peace.  i'll just rest.  again. :)
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.