Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Absolute Goodnes

God is good.  I know, it seems like an obvious thing to say.  And years ago, I would have agreed.  But, I spent so long with someone who made life so hard and was so quick to be unhappy, unsatisfied.
So, in this new time, I am experiencing this rush of remembering how good God is.  How light His burden is.  How easy His "yoke".  He actually and for real loves me for me.  Really.  With absolutely no performing on my part.  It's....revitalizing.
The other day, I noticed so many people smiling my way at the grocery store and all around.  Made me so happy.  And in this sudden flash, I realized that they were RETURNING my smiles, not initiating.  That they were responding to the absolute joy bubbling out and over.  I have been infused by the goodness of God.  How He is meeting my needs.  How He is healing my heart and soul.  How He is GOOD.  Not hard or demanding.
I am absolutely joyful.  And life isn't easy.  And learning this new job is really hard.  And I don't get much rest being a single parent and there are sssooo many responsibilities.
But, I get to not worry about it.  I get to be in the moment.  To breathe in and breathe out.  To let Him take care of me. 
I have to say....it's the most amazing thing ever.  He is the most amazing thing ever.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.