Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rest

Yesterday was hard on me.  My aunt wrote and said that she's sorry that she doesn't "get" my issues.  I guess that I'm just too raw or something, but it didn't feel like an apology.  It felt like one of those where she was trying to make me feel guilty.  Like I didn't have any just cause.  And I couldn't figure out why.
I didn't have anyone to bounce it off of.  So, I ruminated on it.  And eventually, I fell asleep.  I woke up this morning and realized that she still didn't say anything like....I support you....I understand....you're important to me no matter what you decide.  The conditions are loud and clear. 
So now all I can hope is that she doesn't show up here when she's stateside. 
I am thinking that one day it will get easier.  And it was better after a good, long night's sleep.  Yet, I think that it will always hurt when some people judge me without knowing.  Sometimes I wish that I could be far away.  Hiding.  Other times, I'm so glad that I'm right here with my loved ones.  That means that it's not time to make that big of a decision yet.  Too emotional still.
A warm bath.  Working around the house.  A good brunch.  I should be better.  I hope.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.