Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Do All to the Glory of God

Whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do all to the glory of God.  Wow.  That's a tall order.  But as I'm working on this day toward my upcoming classroom.  As I pour out my heart wondering what will be best for the kids.  As I think and plan and dream.  I give all that I am.  Not just my mind.  Not just my heart.  Not just my body. 
Everything.  My prayers.  My abilities.  My weaknesses.  My faith.  My hopes.  My passion.  All.  And that is what it means to serve Him.  To do it for Him.  To not question whether I can.  I already know the answer.....frankly, I can't make kids learn, I can't change their lives forever.  But, I know the One who can.  And He has allowed me to be in this place at this time as His hands and love in these young lives.
So, I work.  Then I take a break.  Because, frankly, it is totally overwhelming.  Really.  In a good way.  But it consumes.  It builds me up while at the same time sucking out my creativity, thoughts and plans.  Work.  Rest.  Work.  Rest.  Hmm.  A healthy pattern.  I like that.  I'm learning.  I'm loving this place in my life.
I love my own kids to distraction.  They amaze me.  Though they struggle and have problems, they work through it.  I'm proud of them.
Can't wait to see my new "kids".  It's going to be love at first sight.  Because they are the ones God has chosen for me.  Now, may I keep remembering that it's not me.  It's Him.  For His renown.  For His glory.
For my benefit.  Because His plans are to benefit me.  Love how it all works together....for good.  And I am called.  For His purpose.  Scriptures are amazing when they get stuck in our hearts.  Better than just in our minds.  Because then, in the moments of greatest need, they jump forth to fill the need.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.