Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Keep Quiet

Though the world tells me that I need to open up and share those things that are hurting my heart, frustrating me, filling me up with ickiness, I am afraid that it's not true.
Tonight I shared how irritated and hurt I was about Saturday night being my son's last night and how my ex had simply usurped the time I had been planning and planned to have the kids over to dinner.  I was expressing how difficult it was.  And, she listened.  Then, I got home.  And my youngest tells me that it's a party.  At the park.  That he rented a pavilion.  And invited everyone.  I was floored.  And how he wants them to go to a street festival on Friday night...my son's only other night off work.  Seriously???
But the real kicker was that the friend that I was venting to was invited!  Now, I feel like an idiot yet again.  This whole friends being shared thing is so hard.  Harder than I can tell anyone, because WHO would I tell?  I've invested my life into people that he hung with too.  I told him to be polite.  That they were important.  I fought for being hospitable.  And NOW he decided to do so.  Irritating.
But I need to learn to just not say it to other people.  Makes me sad.  Heartbroken even.  But, it is what it is.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.