Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, August 5, 2013

one thing at a time

one thing down and on to the next. i kinda just want to go to the movies or something.  but, i do feel really good about getting stuff done.  really good.  like i'm changing from the inside out.  not just living where i was.  how i was.  moving on.
i have a lot on my heart these days.  constantly.  and i'm having to learn how to cope with some things that aren't going to change. but, i can change.  my mind. my thought process. my words.  my actions.  i can choose to be in places that are safe. i can choose to let go of things that harm me.
so, just like getting my house in order, one step at a time.....i will get my life in order.
it takes time.
it always shocks me how deeply and desperately wounded i was.  how i lived trying to make it while bleeding out.  trying to still give to those i love.
guess that explains why i need rehab.  i lived through something that i don't even know how to explain to people.  they smile and nod or listen but don't really tune in...because they've met him and he seems normal and outgoing and fun.  so i need to let them have their reality.  but in so doing, i need not to deny mine.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.