Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

text

my second son was texting me last night as they were headed home.  joyfully.  happily.  he texted, "happy, happy, happy." made me smile.  he is not demonstrative, though loving. it felt good.
my youngest son texted that he was coming.
they were coming.....HOME.
i am home to them.
i love that.
i love that i did something i set out to do.  and i did it well.  i not only let them go on their vacation with their dad to the family reunion, i released them to be absolutely present there.  i didn't text and call.  i didn't make it hard.  i didn't fuss when they left.  i gifted them.  though they were unaware.
and they blissfully played and were present in the time with their aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins.  they played.  they enjoyed.  they observed reality.  my daughter was shocked at the things that her extended family fights about.  eye opening.  and yet, they still had fun and knew that they were loved.
and then...their minds began to shift.  they were coming home.
and their minds turned toward home.  photos began to be of here.  posts.  texts.
home.
and they were proud of their home when they arrived.  proud of me.  said that it's sparkly.  though it's messy, it's getting clean.
i love that.
that they were appreciative of what they knew i had done.  complimentary.  kind.  it was such a novel thing.
happy heart dance.
now.  less than a week to finish what is on my mind around here.  because my mind needs to move towards my other kids too.  my school kids.  it's going to be a good year.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.