Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Unanniversary

Here it is. My unanniversary. With no Internet. But they will fix it tomorrow. I am taking stock. Knowing what I've done well and what I need to change. What drew me and held me to someone that didn't even see me or like who I was? What compelled me to stay with someone who said that he was ashamed of me in front of his family and even went a step further and queried,"shouldn't I be?" But I stayed. I apologized. I promised to do better. I was an oaf. I didn't realize then that no matter what I did better, I would never please him. Being ashamed of someone doesn't lead to a good relationship nor does trying to prove that you should not be a source of shame to them. There's no love on that. Only control. But I let that go on. I view it as failure on my part when someone I love treats me badly or uses me. This I am changing. Slowly. I didn't get there quickly and I won't get out of it quickly. But with prayer and patience and grace I will heal from those years of trauma. I have come far. I am happy. Not always easy, but always wake up and go to sleep relieved.
I celebrate life. Living. Praying. Growing. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.