Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Awkward moments

Today I saw someone in the store.  Someone that I've known for years.  Someone who hugs big, sings big, and is kind.  And that someone nearly bolted.  But we turned a corner right into one another at the grocery store....no graceful way out.  I went...right up to her....I hugged her well....I spoke with her and looked in her eyes...and I told her I love her when she was leaving.  She has been changed by my ex.  She has heard stories.  And that's just how it is.  But I decided to just be me and let her think whatever she wants to.  Do whatever she needs to.  I was happy.  I didn't hide it.  I was out having a wonderful day with five teens.  No way I was going to minimalize my complete and total joy.  I was having a perfectly wonderful day.  She can have her thoughts and worries and feelings....and they don't have to stress my day.  Can't say it didn't sting.  I saw the startled look.  I saw the hesitation.  She didn't hug first.  She didn't say she loves me.  But, that doesn't have to stop me from being who I am.  Who I was created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.