Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

they're just not into you

If they don't call.  text.  write.  email.  stop by.  make a point to be with you when they don't want something. answer questions. take care of you when you are sick. notice when you are happy....or sad.  Well, if they don't do these things...they are just not that into you.  And it hurts.  I know it.  I'm learning it.  Sometimes I just feel stupid about it.  But the fact is that these things are true.  They are real.  And no amount of hoping makes anything different.  Another thing that brings healing is truth.  Facing it.  Living it.  Without bitterness.  Without unkindness to the ones that just aren't interested in being friends.  Letting go.  Releasing.  Even if I feel differently.
It's easier said than done.  I always think that I've got it.  And it always escapes me.  But, I care fully.  That is how I stayed in a marriage that was bad for so long.  I give my heart.  I like that about me.  So, I think that I'll just be that way even when people don't return my caring.  I am not married to them.  It doesn't really matter.  I don't lose anything.  I gain by caring.  They gain by my caring.  And learning to not be hurt or wounded by indifference is another step in healing.  Just have to keep healing.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.