Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Time to Be

I have a good life.  Good friends.  Yet, I still don't really have a place to just be and be seen.  I had a difficult day for odd reasons.  Not a bad day.  A day that saddened me.  There is nowhere to take that.  Which, I have been used to, but in my growing, am now finding myself sad about.  Finding that there's nobody that seeks me out or calls me out of my shell.  I feel a sense of grief.  I gave so long to a man who didn't value me nor my thoughts nor my ...and I got used to it.  And in this healing process, it's hard to realize that that is not normal.  That it's ok to want to have people be  interested and see me and recognize my hopes and my needs.
So, I'm in a bit of a funk.  A wee bit sad.  Mostly just about the fact that he sucked up so much of my time and energy and left me with so little.  How sad is that?
And, I'm weary, but my relationships are the kind that I need to be giving...mom and all. :)
Off to figure out dinner.  And maybe how to grow past this place.  :)
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.