Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

fancy nancy and me

Today, I dressed up as Fancy Nancy for school.  This is the only picture I have...not perfect because it doesn't show the whole thing, but it shows me something amazing.  Fearless.  Learning to really live.  Moving forward. I am finding out how to be.  Not be something.  Just be.  I am finding out how to be here.  Even if it sometimes feels still that I'm not visible...that nobody gets how hard life was.  It really doesn't matter.  I lived through.  And now I have to live.  Really live.  Alive.  Full of life.  Able to do.  Able to give.  Able to rest.  Able to believe.  Able to pray.  Able to make it through.  Dressing up seems like a weird thing to remind me of having a fearless heart, but frankly, I spent so long blending in that it was a huge deal to be so flamboyant.  Everyone noticed.  Everyone took note of my costume. It was huge.  I was fearless.  I smiled.  I pranced.  I danced.  I acted silly.  I laughed.  I played.  I lived.  Fearlessly.  Today.  And really, that's all I can ask to do.  Each day at a time.  As they come.  Actually, each little moment.  Each opportunity.  Yes, I could have blended in.  But why?  Perhaps some days I am meant to shine.  Really shine.  Without holding back.  Without fearing how it will feel.  Just living.  Free.  Fearless.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.