Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Not a Coward

Well, I said words.  I didn't quite get there.  But, it wasn't the time.  I'm not sure that it ever will be.  That's ok.  Some things we carry on our own.  Too much in everyone's lives.  I saw my one friend check out when I started to talk.  It's hard on her.  But, I can't fix that.  So, I will just do my best to be true.
I don't hate.  Not now.  I don't nag or bug.  I don't want to be fake.
He grinned at me over people's heads in the foyer of the church today.  I rather glared, I think.  Or kinda shook my head sadly.  How dare he continue to act as if things are ok.  Like we talk.  Like life was ok.  I do not get it.
My son told me things that hurt my heart.   About his own feelings.  About events that happened.  It was heavy.  Probably why I'm tired and chilled.  Gotta be ready to rock and roll on Tuesday.
I'm not a coward.  I have courage.  I guess maybe my courage will just have to be to walk this road and not say the harder stuff.  Such is life.  Not always fair.  But, always beautiful.  Always a gift.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.