Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

weary to the bone

late yesterday afternoon i realized that i am absolutely spent.  not just a bit tired....spent...wrung out....drained.  i was feeling like i could barely put one foot in front of the other.
finally i realized that i have spent the week facing fear after fear.  walking boldly.  facing the ex.  talking about hard things.  feeling heartbreak along with my kids. trying to meet the needs of my school kids when they don't even understand why they are so worked up.
pouring myself into them.  literally.  completely.  giving. of my very soul.  and it was good.
and then i had to not just rest....i had to crash.  just let go it all and sleep hard.  without apology.  without guilt.  without the need to do something else.
this has been an emotional time.  sucking the energy right out.  it hurts.  and it's good.  poured out.  to be filled again.  god put his hand on my back and whispered to me as i fell into a deep sleep.
life is a good thing.  beautiful.  full.
i'm still tired and i'm still going to rest until i'm not.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.