Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's all about You, Jesus?

I'm going to church today.  Sadly, it doesn't feel all about Jesus.  Some of it feels like simply needing to be fearless.  To grow.  Worship is difficult in a place where your ex is.  Maybe it works for some people....but it's tough for me.  He's everywhere....kids youth group, mens groups, sports, worship team, choir, "big" church...everywhere.  And, he talks to everyone.
Oh well.  Off I go.  Just to do it.  I don't really know why it's important today, but it is.  So I'll take that as God's way of calling me to do it.  But I don't kid myself.  It's going to take a lot out of me.  And I already have some cold virus.  I'll have to sit somewhere different in church.  He sits with the kids.  But....I'll make it. Maybe it's for my 18 and 19 year olds.  Not sure.
I want to get back to church being about Jesus in my life.  But for now, I know that He understands my heart.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.