Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pull it Together

I am having a hard time this afternoon.  Well, I was.  I am pulling it together.  I am working towards just knowing that I can do what needs to be done.  Or, at least, what needs to be done.  I can't do it all.  But I can do some.  I can do what will be enough.
But, sometimes I really miss having family.  I realized today that I was being selfish.  That there are a lot of others in my group of friends having graduation parties and that I should not "hog" help. Then, for a little while, I wanted to have a pity party and think, "yeah, but they have two to accomplish it."  I got over that attitude in short order!! I don't want to be two.  Not with him. So, I am one.  Just one.  And I will do one thing at a time.  Just one.  Then another.  But things keep popping into my mind that I need to do.....it's ok.  Breathe.  It's a party.  It's a celebration.  I'm not going to be a bitch to my kids and I'm not going to be needy.  I'm just going to do it.  And be happy.  And at peace.  I choose this.  Though my heart aches.  I choose it to be my reality.  Peace.  Joy.  Hope.  Love.
And I choose to hold myself to a standard of grace.....not perfection.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.