Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Twinkle Lights and Peace

Ok, I know I'm weird, but getting the twinkle lights working and the job actually finished, helped me.  I can breathe again.  AND I got the deep fryer.  And the sauces.  I got party favors.  And plates.  My son was thrilled about the deep fryer.  ;)  That was probably what eased my stress the most.  To know....all is well.  Rest.  Breathe.  Remember what is important.  Teach it to my kids.  Good food.  Decent home.  Being hospitable to those who come.  Period.  It's not about impressing.  But, it's easy to buy into it.  Instead, it's all about my kid.  Totally.  His day.  I will get done.  With all of the school work.  With all of the home work.  And then I will rest for a day.  Then get on to summer and the stuff coming with that.
Twinkle lights.  A fryer.  Peace.  Of heart and soul.  A restfulness.  Seeing my kids happy.  Made it all ok again.
Yeah, it's true that I wished my kid had stayed home and helped me.  And yet....it's all ok as it is.  Little at a time.
I have done a lot.  Though it is hard to do while everyone is still pulling apart as I try to do it.  Oh well.  They gotta live.  Wish the van was gone and my son's non working car.  Again...oh well.
I am really ok with what is.
I am content.  I like my life.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.