Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Are you a wife who is easy to love???

This article popped up on my facebook because I like a site called familyshare.  However, in some deep part, I find the article repulsive.  I am weary of people asking if a woman is easy to love.  Easy?  No.  Damn no.  Worth it?  Definitely. It seems like the church and perhaps even the world in general is promoting women who exalt their mates without expectation nor support being given in return.  I totally get what they mean.  I tried to do it.  Until it nearly decimated me.  Because it's not what God intends.  Different roles. Not different levels.  I wasn't going to share this.  But I've been thinking about it and couldn't put it aside...so, here it is.  It's pretty innocuous.  I guess I just despise the title.  Maybe I am touchy about such things.  Probably I am.  But still....it makes me shudder each time I see it.
http://familyshare.com/are-you-a-wife-who-is-easy-to-love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.