Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

just a little bit

i don't require much to keep me going.  just a little bit of kindness.  a little bit of encouragement.  a little bit of thoughtfulness.  that got me in trouble in marriage.  because i need so little he found that he could give very little to make me happy.  nothing like living trying to give the bare minimum.  though it wasn't good maritally, it is something that serves me well.
i don't require but a few kind words.  a wee tad of gentleness.  and i go far on it.
i'm like a hybrid car.  great mileage out of the smallest things.
i had one person today that wrote that she would smack anyone who she found that wasn't talking to me anymore.  and another that stood in support.  and another that ate ice cream with me.  and it filled me up.  it really doesn't take much.
but still, i don't get why he draws folks.  i don't get why i have to share my friends.  i don't try to horn in on his friends.  guess i shouldn't be shocked though...it was always that way.
but today helped.
cried less today.
that's a good thing.
crying isn't always bad.  it is also healing.
i find that i'm happy....and i cry.
just how it is at this stage of life circumstances.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.