Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grandpa

hi grandpa,
missing you today.  maybe it's the fall in the air.  the trees changing.  miss hearing you say, "let's take a drive."  it wasn't the drive, i know now...it was the relationship, the getting away, the making time in the middle of the busy.  you made me feel valued with those words.
and i wish that i still had that to do.  i almost went alone last weekend, but it's not the drive, i know.  it's the togetherness with someone who wants to spend time.  you wanted to.  you did it.  it made me so happy.  and we would eat.  and explore.  and just enjoy.
and you were not in a rush on those days.  and you had lots to tell me. no lectures.  just thoughts.  about what you had learned.  and you would ask me good questions.  and you shared faith.  and you laughed.  told jokes from reader's digest.
but, a drive with just anyone doesn't work.  so, today, i'll just remember you as i do my daily stuff.  and i'll be happy that you gave me such a gift.
love you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.