Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Afraid

I don't know how to let people down, I realize.  I know that in order to survive, there are steps Imust take.  Know it to the depths of my soul.  For, people I love are getting hurt....and that will not do.  But, I can't explain to others why I need to get out.l  Why I need to distance myself.  SSooo.....what I am currently learning is that my fears can't keep me from doing what I've got to do.  Because, if it does, although I might "keep the peace" or "keep people happy", life will never be whole.  And the regrets that come from allowing the meanness and unkindness to continue will consume me.  So, I will not be defined by my fears.  Though they are very real.  I will stand and conquer them.  And those who really love me will stand beside me even if I don't please them.  And those who don't.....well, I'll miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.