Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

How

I don't know how to let go.  Of my children, it works.  I know that they love me, and I them.  But with my husband it's like it's not healthy.  Ok, that's an understatement.  I am wishing that I could be healthy.  Being gone this weekend reminds me how I feel like who I am when I'm on my own.  How I am a person who likes adventure and trying things.  Even though I am slow to share.  Slow to reveal.  I need quiet, peaceful times to warm up to it.  In this busy world, those are rare.  But, being on my own has reminded me that it is worth learning to be me.  I have such fun.  I like being able to make decisions.  I like being able to enjoy. 
So, I have to learn how to let go.  Even in staying....how to let go of what has been.  There are less than six years before my last child graduates.  It seems long.  For the first time ever, waiting that long seems like forever.  I want more days like yesterday and today.  I don't want to be selfish.  I don't want to live all about me.  But I need to live AS me doing all of the rest.......
How?  One step.  One decision.  One moment.  One at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.