Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rest

Rest has been elusive for me for the last 20 years.  I have been pushed and prodded and convinced that going and producing and being active is the best way to be.  But I am not a believer.  I am quiet.  I need calm, still times.  With others and by myself.  I can't share with others in the hubbub.  It makes me antsy.  Uncomfortable.  Tonight I got to my room and it was like air filled my lungs as there were no expectations.  I got comfy right away.  As I was doing so, I realized that a friend of mine has been my role model....of how to immediately take advantage of down time.  So, I was in sweats within moments and ready to veg and relax and read and watch tv and sleep...early and long.  And tomorrow.  Coast.  Yep.  Life is good.  Because to me,  the coast brings rest.
Peace and breath. 
It's taking time.  I am learning again how to rest.  I let someone else decide for too long.  And finally I am remembering who I am.  I like to rest.  Not lazy.  Just able to stop and regroup and simply take time for my mind and heart.  to also rest my body. 
So....on to my great night of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.