Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Born...again....and again

Birth is a difficult process.  It is hard for the mother.  It is also hard for the newborn.  The pushing, squeezing, cramping and all of the loss of the warm, darkened, safe space.  I feel like that.  Like I am learning what it is like to be born as myself.  To be who I am supposed to be.  Who am I?  Really? 
I am inquisitive.  curious.  passionate.  interested.  hopeful.  generous.  opinionated.  unsure. smart.  stubborn.  I'd like to say in a good way...but that just depends.  protective.  loving.  communicator.  searcher.  redeemed.  questioning.  good friend.  lousy friend.  I know, it seems opposite....but, really, I can be both.  more gentle than i seem.  sensitive.  compassionate.  wise.  timid.  shy.  introvert.  except for with my friends.  introspective.  tactile.  visual.  peace lover.  but, wave maker at times.  truth seeker. 
i am.  his.  and HE IS.  so, i can be. 
But the birth process isn't any easier now that I'm grown.  It's a process.  It takes time.  I just have to wait and go through the discomfort.  Until the first breath.  I believe it's coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.