Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Battle No More

I am finding an uncanny ability to stand up for myself but refuse to battle.  The difference is marked.  I used to have to battle...to fight...for my mere self.  Just to exist.  To have things be calm.  It was a battle of huge proportions.  Not always a fight.  But a constant drain of resources.  Now, I will stand up for myself, but I will not spend my time engaged in a battle.  No reason.  I have a life to live.  I want to be free.
I will stand for others.  I will fight for my kids.  But I will not engage in that constant battling.  It is destructive.  Spiritual battles are a must.  A constant in life.  But there is my Commander who wages war and strengthens me and sends an army of angels to protect.  Those are just a part of life.
I just don't have it in me to battle about stuff anymore.  Who was right.  Who really cares?  I don't really care if I'm wrong.  It doesn't make or break me.
I'm choosing not to battle as a lifestyle.  It's interesting after 20+ years of having to hold a line just in order to have my own self be present.  Not even to get my way.  Just to be.  Crazy.
But, I don't live there anymore.  I choose not just "getting along", but something deeper.  I choose respect.  For me.  For others.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.